Invitation for Applications
Country : Somaliland
Project Holder : Ministry of Health
Project : Sool and Sanaag Health Project
Fund : Somaliland Development Fund
IFA Title : Construction Engineers Ministry of Health- 2 Positions
IFA No. : P221
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of the Ministry of Education Project in Sool and Sanaag Regions. The Ministry of Education intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of 2 Civil Engineers for supervision of Works at Dayaha Secondary Boarding School, and Las Anod Secondary Boarding School. The assignments will last up to 12 months.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Civil Engineers for the assignments.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology or equivalent;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal and negotiations skills.
- A critical thinker with ability to develop rapid solutions.
- High ethical and professional standards and ability to work under pressure with willing to work long hours.
- Team player with service oriented attitudes.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in demanding and fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate a range of diverse actors and activities to achieve a common objective in the area of education is essential.
General professional experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with Construction, repairing and rehabilitation works.
- Strong technical background in analytical report writing and submission.
Specific professional experience
- Exposure to School design, construction and rehabilitation in Somaliland and other international education standards/guidelines.
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD.
- Must possess strong technical background in implementation/supervision and inspection works of educational services.
- Experience working with donor funded school construction projects is preferred.
- Experience in either region will be an advantage
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
The Assignments are open to Somaliland Candidates only. Women candidates are encouraged to apply